Thursday, October 18, 2012

Life happens




Welcomed, surprising, unpleasant, confronting, joyous.

It seems life has an endless supply of events, circumstances and occurrences to keep us on our toes. I don't subscribe to either theory that life is either down to fate or chance. But one thing I've seen to be consistent over my 26 years is that these events, circumstances and occurrences, whether good or bad, always come in 3's.

For the first time in a little while, the universe decided to throw me a bone after a bit of a good-news drought with a nice three-tiered package of awesome.

And whilst I am happy to bask in my current state of luck/fate, I cannot turn my attention away from the fact that some of those I care about have been hit with a much less awesome three-tiered round of events, circumstances and occurrences.

My dad once said that his smile depended on the smile of my sister and I. The same can be said for me with my family and friends. It's hard to enjoy good fortune, whether by luck or fate, when those around you are struggling to find two good pieces of news to rub together.

At the end of the day, I just accept that 'Life happens'. You can't win all the time. Maybe the earth would tilt off it's axis if life was consistently chipper and lucky. Hard, unpleasant and challenging times lie ahead of me for sure and time will tell what they are in due course. But until then all we can do is enjoy the wins when we have them, listen and assist others who are short of a win and know that when it's your time to lose out, better times will follow soon enough.

Life happens. No controlling what's thrown your way, just how we choose to handle ourselves when it happens.

Yours in current gladness and appreciation,
Kat xx

No comments:

Post a Comment