Sunday, May 13, 2012

Two years

As if by some happy little mistake, the universe reminded me that today marks 2 years since I went through a pretty rough time in my life.

Looking back now, two years might as well be 20. It feels so long ago & I'm so far detached from who I was 730 days ago that it doesn't even feel like that person was me.

I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a greater reason. That sometimes you need to go to hell & back so that you can really appreciate a slice of heaven when it comes your way.

Whilst I'm certainly grateful for all the lessons learned, I wish I could take a photo of my life today that I could send back to that girl I was 2 years ago today. If nothing else, she needed to know that she would be OK, even though it felt like the end of the world.

It breaks my heart to remember that girl, and it's so strange to know that she was me. But on the flip side, I am proud of the personal triumphs and growth I've gone through from that time up to today. Hindsight truly is a miraculous thing and I cannot imagine I'd be half the person I am today if it hadn't have been for my past heartaches.

My life is not perfect, but for every part that is "missing" or remains to be fulfilled, there are so many other beautiful parts. Namely, the realisation of my own worth. The strength of those relationships that pulled me through and the sense of self you gain when you are forced to rebuild your life from the ground up.

Onwards & upwards x 2 years.

Having lost & having found more than you knew was possible.

I cannot think of a better reason for this smile I have whilst I complete this entry :)

Yours in love with life,
Kat xx

No comments:

Post a Comment